Thematic steering groups will prepare networking and pan-European activities and initiatives for 2015 and post 2015
- Steering groups prepare and launch, develop and co-ordinate thematic border-crossing initiatives for the European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year 2015.
- They elaborate ideas, initiatives and events to take place during the European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year.
- Their first aim is to develop international co-operation and exchange of ideas between associations and volunteers from different European countries and to set up border-crossing networks on specific themes and topics
How to set up a steering group ?
- The initiative is taken by a non-profit association from one of the member states of the Council of Europe.
- The initiator (leader) involves at least two other associations (partners) from two different countries, member states of the Council of Europe, to co-develop the concepts.
- The initiator formulates a theme and a mission statement, which is discussed within the steering group, if need be amended and next accepted by the board of E-FAITH.
- The group also defines the language(s), which can be used for the internal communication between the partners of the group and participants to the project, and the language(s), which can be used to send information and details to the group.
- Together the leader and the partners define the objectives, the output and deliveries they want to produce in 2015; they can envisage continuing activities beyond 2015.
At present there is no funding available for steering groups, but - of course - they are well positioned to take part in European programmes and/or, with the help and advice of E-FAITH, to apply for EU funding.
Already established steering groups:
See the tabs
If you want to join one of these, contact their co-ordinator or our secretariat
Ideas and proposals
The following proposals for thematic steering groups have reached us, but haven't yet been activated.
Anybody interested in co-ordinating or joining one of the the following topics or proposals ?
Please contact our secretariat
- industrial tourism / tourisme industriel
- adaptive re-use of industrial buildings / réaffectation de bâtiments industriels
- worker's villages and company towns
- training of volunteers in industrial and technical heritage
- young people and industrial and technical heritage
- the production of mill stones, mill stone quarries
- setting up a network of historic breweries and brewery museums
- conservation and re-use of railway stations
- head gears of mines / chevalements de mine
- saving and adaptive re-use of thermal power stations
- canals and their heritage
- restoration principles and conservation-restoration practice of industrial and technical heritage
- industrialisation and mechanisation of agriculture
Why not set up regional steering groups, for example to develop co-operation between the industrial heritage organizations in the Mediterranean or the Northsea-area ? Or on topics which aren't yet popular (as the industrial heritage of the chemical or non ferrous metals industries) ?
Any other ideas ???
If you want to co-ordinate or launch a steering group, please contact our secretariat ASAP !